Get SMECO - High-efficiency rebates
Dryer Vent Cleaning in Hollywood, MD
- Dirty dryer ducts are a serious fire hazard
- If clothes are still damp after drying, that’s a warning sign of lint buildup
- Dryer vent cleaning is a 1-2 hour project
- Save on electric bill – with a clean dryer and dryer vent you reduce electric consumption
Are your clothes a little (or a lot) damp after they come out of the dryer? That’s a sign your dryer duct needs to be cleaned. It’s not enough to simply clean the lint filter after every drying cycle. Lint can still pass through the filter and become trapped, causing overheating.
Clogged dryer vents not only cause a longer drying time, but they’re also a huge fire hazard. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, home clothes dryers cause thousands of home fires every year. Lint buildup in ducts can also increase energy bills, reduce dryer performance, and shorten the lifespan of your dryer.
Vent cleaning is a fairly easy repair you should do at least once a year.
So keep your dryer ducts lint-free to:
- Avoid dryer fire
- Have normal drying time
- Save on electric bill
Warning signs of lint buildup:
It’s important to know when your dryer is starting to choke on lint. Pay attention to these warning signs:
- Clothes are still wet after a drying cycle (or take repeated cycles to dry)
- The dryer is hot to the touch
- A burning smell is coming from your laundry room
- The outside vent fails to open while the dryer is in use
- Lint is not accumulating on the filter, as it should (which means it’s probably inside the ducts).
Dryer safety tips:
Many homeowners don’t think (or know) about dryer safety, but they should. Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) experts recommend the following tips to protect your home and your family.
- Do not use the dryer when sleeping or away from home.
- Make sure you’re using the correct electrical plug and outlet and that everything is connected properly.
- Remember to clean the lint filter after each cycle.
- Remove the lint filter regularly and wash it in warm, soapy water. This will help remove residue caused by dryer sheets.
- Do a thorough dryer vent cleaning at least once a year.
Cost of Hiring an HVAC Service
The cost of hiring an HVAC service to clean a dryer duct can vary depending on the type of dryer (standard, high efficiency, stackable), location of the dryer (basement, utility room, closet, upper level) that needs to be cleaned, the location and routing of the vents, and whether there’s a bird, bee, or rodent infestation. The geographical location and expertise of the HVAC representative also affect cost. Ask for a quote, and mention any specific problems or special circumstances of your setup.
CALL: WILSONAIRE HVAC PROFESSIONALS TO SCHEDULE YOUR DRYER VENT CLEANING
What Our Clients Are Saying